OptiFlow - Operational and Strategic Use

Posted by Louis D'hondt on 04/01/2018

bart gadeyne_v02.jpgHaving a retrospective look at 2017, the multi-functional use of OptiFlow catches the eye. As the tool evolved, the power of the algorithm was maintained, new features have been added, the interface has evolved and new requirements are satisfied. 

We asked long-term Conundran Bart Gadeyne to focus briefly on the operational and strategic use of OptiFlow

Operational Use

In conclusion, it should be kept in mind that 2 aspects of a planning tool are very important in making or breaking the tool:

  1. The quality of the suggested plan
    Besides quickly delivering a result, the suggested plan should fulfill at least 90% of the planner's requirements. The remaining (at most) 10% is for the planner to fine-tune, as he often has information that has not been supplied to the tool. 
  2. How efficiently can a planner apply these modifications?

 

Strategic Use

To conclude, a planning tool can provide valuable help when quantifying the impact of alternative strategic scenarios.

  1. What will be the cost effect of each option?
  2. Comparing the impact on operational costs with the initial investment: 
    What will the ROI or payback period be like?

 

To conclude: as explained by Bart in two concise videos above, a proper planning tool can be valuable in multiple ways. From maintaining an operational cost decrease on a daily basis to supplying strategic support by quantifying the impact of alternative choices. 

As for CONUNDRA, OptiFlow will keep evolving and more features will follow.

 

Free Route Optimization Tool

Topics: Route optimization, Transport, business strategy

Louis D'hondt

Written by Louis D'hondt